prints over prints

9:45 PM

"Genuinely be you and magic will happen."

I am aware of my privileges and that the privileges I benefit from are grounded in the disprivileges of others.
I know it´s difficult for me as a white person to wear this magnificient print because the line between appreciation and appropriation is fluent.
When I saw the fabric online I just fell in love, I had to have it because I knew I had finally found the fabric for a
(NANA inspired) design sketch I did when I was younger.To my wonderful black readers and readers of colour, I hope I didn´t disrespect you or your culture by borrowing what I love but what´s not mine.











  The fabric is traditional South African wax dye printed cotton - mougabi.net
  The couturier of my trust - Änderungsschneiderei Waßmann

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts